Friday, 12 November 2010

H lost five minutes golden time yesterday for talking during maths. He was extremely upset and down because of it. I explained he would just have to take his punishment like a man and that he would have to pay attention in future. 'After all,' I said ' if you want to be a famous scientist you will have to stick in at maths'. His reply made me smile. 'I don't want to be a famous scientist mum, just an ordinary one.'  Looks like world domination is on hold again.  L sat back and bragged shamelessly about how she 'had never lost golden time in 5 whole years'. How to kick a man when he is down......

Food coop this morning with E.  As it is never busy (so much so that a queue of two is deemed stressful), I got on with sorting stuff for the school council. Standing with my back to the counter I over heard a fantastic snippet of conversation.  'No darling, we can't buy those, they're too dirty'.  Looked round to see a mother and her son and the offending items.  Mucky carrots!  For crying out loud!  Where the heck did she think carrots came from? I was tempted to ask for her phone number. That way I could contact her when the suppliers finally get round to giving us test tube veg.

Getting rid of my fundraising stuff,  I encounter L's class playing in the corridor. Stop for a chat.  They are trying on a wig which has seen better days. I laugh and tell one of them that she 'looks like Tina Turner. As I head off on my way I hear them whispering 'Who's Tina Turner?'. I feel ancient. Make a mental note to check L's head for little visitors.

Have volunteered to watch E's boys while she goes to the Take That concert next June. However in return she has to hold up a large banner with' I love you Gary' and my phone number on it. Okay, so he's on the podgy side and his eyes are a bit hee haw, but he'd do. We could go to slimming classes together.

L is complaining about a cough. Think she might have caught TB off the mucky carrots.......