Tuesday, 9 November 2010

H's birthday this morning and he leaped out of bed with abnormal enthusiasm. Loved watching his wee face as he opened his presents (ably assisted by L) and it seemed nothing like six years since he was born. He is so loved.  He finally chose a globe for his present as he 'wanted to learn all the countries'. Jolly good I thought, at least he is trying to learn. Then a notion struck me - along with the  globe he had asked for a remote control to make people do what he wanted. What was for Christmas?  The Death Star?  The words 'world domination' came to mind. Maybe I shouldn't be celebrating. Maybe I have given birth to the next Dr Evil.

I shall call him Mini Me...........

Got a reprieve from Zumba for the next two weeks. 'I' is doing something next week and I had forgotten that I had 'volunteered' to assist at school book week today.  Two slots, two hours apart which involve going to pick up classes of kids and herding them along corridors to the library without losing any along the way. Great fun! There, they and myself,  are under the eagle eye of the school book week supervisor (a sort of female version of the child catcher) who takes the money and orders the books while I 'help' them choose. Not an easy job as most primary one kids can't make up their mind what class they are in, let alone choose a suitable book. Usually the little ones are picking up 300 page paperbacks and the older ones are looking at 'Aliens Love Underpants'.

Taking Mini Me and L to Frankie and Bennie's for his birthday. They order the same thing every time. L has pizza and MM has bangers and mash. I wish they would just sell ruddy bangers as the sausages get eaten and the mash always gets sent back......