Friday, 5 November 2010

L was off school today. Sore head, feeling dizzy and shivery. Got her to the gates, clocked her white face and then dutifully brought her back home and tucked her up on the couch with a dose of the Calpol. Within 20 minutes she was up playing with her Sylvanian Families and  scoffing Doritos. Amazing stuff that.  I am sure the adult equivalent must be Tramodol.  Either that or Vodka. Alternatively, I am the most gullible parent alive and she can play me like a fiddle.

 'I' has asked me to go to Zumba classes with her at Big Dunc's next week. Can't make up my mind whether she is being kind and looking out for my health or is just wanting to prove what she has suspected for ages, and what I already know. I have no rhythm and cannot paticipate in the slosh without an assault charge for slapping someone by mistake.  However, she tried to allay my fears by telling me it's just like jogging to music for 45 minutes. FORTY FIVE MINUTES! I can't even jog for five minutes. Will just have to creep into the hall and hide at the back.......

To further add to my misery it's Mr Aquafit who takes it. Altogether now, stayin' alive, stayin' alive............

It's H's birthday next week and as usual the wee soul is easy to please.  When asked what he wants, he says 'a surprise Mummy'. Now this may seem like an easy ride, but this is the child, who in the past, has asked for a real Willy Wonka chocolate bar complete with golden ticket and a remote control that could make people do what he wanted......