Saturday, 6 November 2010

Off on a night out tonight with the other half.  It's a charity night and is in my old friend F's Chapel Hall. Or should I say Parish Centre as they like to call them now. Last night out I went to there was a ladies night. It turned out to be hilarious for all the wrong reasons. When I arrived F sat me at a table with a woman dressed up in a nun's costume. I was just about to complement her on her fancy dress when F said 'Can you ask Sister Agnes what she wants to drink?'  Well theres a first , I bet no one else can claim a bonafide nun as their drinking partner!   The night went on a downward slide, mainly because the company I was in had decided to do a  kitty.  For a virtual tee totaller this is lethal. Double Baileys every round even though I protested that my limit was two or three.  The night consisted of various turns, the highlight being for me the local drama group (again for all the wrong reasons) who sung a selection of songs from well known musicals. Very enjoyable you may think, however one particular woman thought she was the next Elaine Paige. To be kind, she had a voice that sounded like someone afflicted with haemorrhoid's trying to pass a hedgehog. By that point the Baileys had kicked in (thank goodness) but it left me with the most horrendous compulsion to laugh out loud. Which would have been fine if everyone else was. They weren't.  I shredded my raffle tickets to tatters in a vain attempt to stifle my giggles. That along with the line dancing and taster salsa lessons made it a night to remember....

Anyway tonight's do is to raise cash for breast cancer charities and is money well spent as far as I am concerned.

Am going to be very busy from now to Christmas. Have had commissions for Harry Potter style cloaks for two little HP fans and am making some racy Xmas stockings to put presents in for my nearest and dearest. Another excuse to give up the old housework.........