Monday, 15 November 2010

Saturday saw us off to Dynamic Earth with H and his wee pal A for the day . Offloaded L at her aunts and took off to Edinburgh for a day of Science and learning. Great! H prattled constantly on the way there and I had to keep reminding him that it was DyNamic Earth and not DyManic Earth. He has a thing about M's and N's and talks about aminals and cimenas all the time.....

L had been taken to have her ears pierced and arrived back clutching a bottle of surgical spirit and instructions on how to look after the holes. Yuk. Clean 3 times a day for 6 weeks. Was doing great until tonight when I forgot so she probably will be up tomorrow with 'festered' ears and I will leap on the crappy mother guilt trip. Such a lovely word 'fester'.

Off on an excursion  to the local sports centre tomorrow with the inmates of L's class for a 'handball' tournament.  There seems to be so many of these new sports so I am intrigued to find out exactly what it is. Am sure I will spend three hours twiddling my thumbs in the sports centre and that handball with turn into 'pain in the a**e' ball.

Have agreed to go to Slimming World with good friend J.  Am doing it in secret as I think Other Half has given up on ever having a slim (or least not fat) wife.  After my run in with the local Weight Watchers psycho stalker (class consultant)  my options are limited. I can't go back there after telling her to 'get lost' (extremely polite for me) on the phone. But what else do you say to someone who starts the conversation with 'So what's your problem?' Well it would appear I put too much food in my gob, and it would appear she doesn't know when to shut hers. She was lucky I didn't go down and stick a  muffin back her throat.

I also volunteered to go to zumba with J. But only because I am pretty sure she won't go.....

And if she reads this she is going to be mad..........