Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Well,  here are three things I have learned today. The first is that no one ever wins at inter school events nowadays. After enduring ten games of handball this morning, no team actually won. All teams were given a well done certificate.  No doubt this is the idea of our loony council who don't want to upset any little darling who loses. Soon there will be no medals at the Olympics in case someone throws a tantrum in front of the winners podium.

The second is that there is a real life cabbage patch kid alive and living in the area. I saw the kid in question today and either someone has mated with a cabbage or a set of parents have cabbage patch doll genes.

The third is that my theme tune should be 'I've got" the house is a cowp and I can never get round to tidying  it up" blues'........

Yip, hand ball was a roaring success which involved me being in charge of a team of 8 (5 and 3 subs). Games lasted 7 minutes and I had to put on kids at regular intervals so everyone got a shot. Fine at first,  until I realised that I was playing the good kids and keeping the useless ones off. Alex Ferguson would have put me on his management team in a minute. Especially when I shouted encouraging words from the sidelines such as 'cover the goal' and 'get up, it only hurt a bit'.

Glad to be home. All together now  'I've got the house is a cowp and I can never get round to tidying  it up blues'........