Thursday, 18 November 2010

Went to slimming class tonight.  I had forgotten how wonderful these affairs were. Something about the whole scenario reminded me of that gem of a show 'Coach Trip', which it grieves me to admit,  is one of my favorite telly shows. Numerous individuals, trailing along a pal for support (myself included)  were sat round in a circle assisted by the class leader.  A woman, who for some reason seemed to think that regaling us with her drinking stories was of interest to us, so much so, that I began to wonder if I had wandered into an AA meeting by mistake.  She went round the circle announcing weight losses while everyone clapped like demented sealions.  I was fascinated by one couple in particular. He had lost two pounds and everytime he was asked a question his wife spoke for him. He was like an oversized ventriloquists dummy with this wee woman sitting next to him working his mouth. I wondered where she was putting her hand....

Left with J promising that we would do our best not to succumb to temptation. Really will have to try harder....