Monday, 17 January 2011

The car has died.  What a darned disaster. However one that could have been avoided if other half hadn't ignored a warning light on the dash for a week and a half. Argghhhhhhhhh! Calm......When S went off down south to see Mr Down on His Luck last week a mysterious light started flashing on the dash. Now as anyone who is lucky enough to share their life with a man will know, the usual and sensible thing for him to to do is just leave it and hope that it miraculously goes away. So that's what he did. As a result by Friday it was struggling seriously and we endured a mortifying journey to swimming lessons where the poor thing was suffering from serious kangaroo petrol. It lurched up the road in an embarrassing fashion while I sat in the front mortified by the over revving of the engine he had to do to keep it from cutting out. The kids cowered in the back while I perversely wanted it to clap out completely. I really was hoping for a Basil Fawlty moment where he would jump out on the Boulevard and whip it with a twig in a moment of road rage. No such luck. We lurched home again and on Saturday it died completely. There was a silence in the house because A. he didn't dare complain about the predicament and B. because I knew if I started on the subject I was unlikely to stop. Anyway it has now been taken to the car hospital and will be back tomorrow in exchange for the princely sum of one hundred pounds.

Heard today that 'The Inbetweeners' movie is out this summer.  If you have ever watched this you will fall into one of two camps. Those who loathe the show and are disgusted by it and those who love it. Personally I think it is the most filthy, foulmouthed, smut fest on the telly. For that reason alone I will be booking my ticket early.....