Saturday, 22 January 2011

Saturday night. S has nipped out  to pick up the Chinese with H.  L and I are watching Come Dine with Me.  Bawdy, loudmouth woman gets her dinner stuck in front of her. It is some sort of dessert but she says 'Oh I have two testicles on my plate.' I cringe thinking 'Aw naw, here we go, I am going to get asked what that is'. She must have clocked my expression because she says 'It's okay Mum, I know what testicles are.' The silence is deafening, tumbleweed rolls across the room and I am rendered speechless. I creep off into the kitchen praying she has got the word mixed up with octopus legs, though know that I am kidding myself........

Spent the afternoon in H's bedroom. It is due to be decorated so took up a full roll of black bags. He was outside playing so unaware of the major clear out. Cleared the wardrobe of too small clothes to be passed on. One bag. Tatty clothes not fit for anyone. Another bag. Cleared out rubbish from bin, under bed and toy box. Another bag. Cleared out toys for charity shop. Another bag. He arrived back and started to put stuff back on the shelves. Ran him back outside to shouts of 'That's mine, I still use it'. No you don't. He is a compulsive hoarder. Didn't have the heart to throw out his handmade books though. He now has a pile, all written by himself , my personal favorite being titled 'My Big Book of Everyfing'. Hasn't mastered the spelling yet and the sentences are hilarious.

For a small room it holds major chaos. Sort of suits him really......