Friday, 25 February 2011

Colonel Gaddafi - one of the few people who looks worse than his Spitting Image puppet. If you ever doubt your own sanity just have a look at him ranting and you will feel like the sanest person on earth....

Now that I am used to Zumba I have been considering trying another type of fitness class. Got the timetable out for a look. The first class said 'Extreme Spin'. That's out. Anything exercise related with the word 'Extreme' is obviously for masochists or the mentally insane. 'Military Circuits' Have set eyes on the instructor and he looked like he would enjoy inflicting misery. That's out too.  Body Pump, Body Attack and Body Combat. Mmmm. I think the best way to decide is to look at the demographic of the class. The fitter the folk look, the harder it's got to be. I really want a class where the folk look reasonably normal (i.e. have spare bits hanging), so I will have to do some on site investigation before I commit.

Life is perverse sometimes. After emailing the other food coop volunteers to say I was jumping ship after June (due to lack of customers) there was a rush of buying this morning. Double takings and old biddies asking where the tea and coffee was. Now am feeling guilty as I  had managed to drum up support for shutting the blooming thing last night......

As usual the weak part of me that can't say no has got me into trouble. Was approached today by a member of school staff who said she had heard I was 'a bit nifty with a sewing machine'. Now there is nothing like a bit of flattery, as they say it gets you everywhere, and today it did. She got someone to help with the school show costumes and I got a s**t load of work. Asked how many costumes we had to make and by the time she had got to forty I was thinking that's the bag making and Harry Potter cloaks on hold from now until eternity. They will find my dead remains behind the school stage sometime next year, buried under a pile of fabric........