Wednesday, 23 February 2011

I have come to the conclusion that I am a right grumpy sod. And the older I get the less tolerant I get as well. At least when I was younger I seemed to manage to hide my contempt for things annoying me, now it is usually written all over my chops and sod whoever decides to challenge me. I get grumpy at queues (waiting even two minutes seems to be a chore), I take instant dislikes to people ( I used to a least give someone the benefit of the doubt) and I cannot resist having a go when there is a tetchy subject being discussed. One of my aunts once said  'just because she's old doesn't make her nice' about a wicked old biddy who had been nasty to her. Give it thirty years and that will be me. Mowing folk down with my mobility scooter and shouting insults like a demented old witch.

Leaving the hospital yesterday I saw a sight which makes me wonder. Outside the main door were people having a fag. Now if you want to smoke that's up to you. There are consequences and everybody knows them, but I will never understand how some people can get out of their hospital bed and stand there in sub zero temperatures to suck on a ciggie.  There they were, attached to drips, hanging from zimmers, on crutches, sitting in wheelchairs and the colour of putty.  I would be more likely to get my drip tangled up in the sweetie shop display.....

H came into my bed last night after having a bad dream. He never comes in as it has never been encouraged (cruel mother that I am) but I let him in last night as I was practically comatose. As a result I got out of my bed the shape of a bent coat hanger. It's hard to sleep for five hours in the one position and I had to literally pull my mangled body back into shape. Hope he doesn't try it tonight. He has already been out of bed once. It was bizarre as he was raving a lot of rubbish and stumbling about. We finally realised he was sleepwalking and put him back in bed. Will have to take the keys out of the front and back door now as I don't fancy having to chase him down the Avenue in my jammies......