Saturday, 12 February 2011

Valentines Day. Who says romance is dead?  Trailed the shopping centre yesterday looking for something for S.  Usually I don't bother,  but for some reason this year I thought I had better make some sort of effort. It would appear that VD (oh that sounds bad!) is mainly for females. M and S had a display of roses, pot pourri, perfume, choccies and tarty underwear. Nothing for men. Watched an old man hovering at the red bras and wondered if he was contemplating buying. Maybe he was a sugar daddy? Then I saw his Poundland bag and decided he didn't really fit the bill and was probably just giving his mind a treat.  Looked about and then decided that S wouldn't look great in a red basque and hold ups and went and bought a shirt. This may seem extravagant to some, and tight to others, but there was method in my madness. He had liked the shirt a few weeks ago and I knew by the time he dithered it wouldn't be available and as he needed it, it would be practical . Bought a card that said 'Love is all about give and take'.  It had a wifey on the front saying 'Give me twenty quid' to a long faced bloke who was saying 'Take it'. Very apt. Can't stand those soppy cards at all. Yuk.

H was going to a birthday party today so got up to make cakes I had offered to bake. I love Betty Crocker she is definitely my baking mentor. You can shove your Nigellas and Delias. The 'open packet, pour in bowl and mix' school of cookery is more my thing.  Especially when you've fell out of bed late and are trying to avoid the stress of a culinary disaster. I know N, my fabulous baking friend, is going to be reading this and shaking her head in despair.......

Am really enjoying writing this blog now. I find it quite therapeutic to spout forth drivel and given the fact there appears to be a regular amount of readers on a daily basis, others must like reading it too. Either that or they just feel comforted by the fact that there is someone out there who is even less sane than they are.....