Monday, 28 March 2011

Got up on Saturday morning to journey to Edinburgh to meet my good friend M. I have only met her once in ten years since I left work. (I am horrendous at keeping in touch with folk so Facebook is my saviour.) We had a great lunch and spent ages reminiscing about the good old days when instead of working we would sing 'Delilah' and 'Quando, Quando, Quando'. This was usually when the boss had disappeared and I had been left in charge. The strange thing is that we always managed to get everything done and enjoy our work at the same time. Then Hitler would return and it would be back to doom and gloom again........

Got a text before I left from E who volunteers for the Food Coop  regarding a complaint about some wonky fruit. Orders can be handed in now and the kids prepare them. Unfortunately there had been an uproar as someone had stuck in a couple of bruised apples and a grotty pear. I could have been sympathetic but my patience ran thin after the person went to great lengths to complain not once but numerous times. It had to have happened to the most moaning faced git in the village of course, and not some decent human being who was capable of understanding that ten year olds can make mistakes. I am on duty this week and I am praying that she doesn't come in as I am ready to tell her to p*ss off back to Asda. I don't mind helping nice people but I am not taking abuse from her. It  was chaos completely on Friday as the extension cable jammed so the till had to be moved and hilariously VT caught some kid drinking out the milk jug for the teas......

Why am I volunteering for this? I am logging this as another good reason for closing the bleeding thing down.......