Wednesday, 9 March 2011

H comes home from school last night and is very quiet. Finally he creeps up onto my knee and bursts into tears. I ask whats wrong and he tells me he can't do his maths. I ask why and he says 'there's too much noise in the class mummy, I can't concentrate'.  It turns out he can do his maths but the racket puts him off. I promise to speak to his teacher. Sure enough this afternoon his very nice young teacher comes out and informs me that H has asked for a quiet seat so he can 'concentrate'. So now he can sit at a desk outside the door in the corridor when he is doing his maths work if he wants. OMG it used to be you got chucked out there if you were causing an uproar. Just wait til the heidy comes along and assumes he's out there for misbehaviour.

Off to another charity night at the chapel hall on Saturday.  At this rate they will be thinking I am RC as I am in the place more than some of the regulars. Its a race night this time and I am secretly hoping for a good run on the raffle like last time and no Sweeney style getaways. I suppose I should think myself lucky if I don't get trampled in stampede for the buffet......

S has been given some boxed sets of the series 'Dexter' to watch. For those who have not experienced Dexter, it is about a guy who works as a blood splatter analyst for the police but just happens to be a serial killer in his spare time (as you do). He only kills bad people so I suppose that must be okay then?! To be honest the whole show gives me the heebie jeebies and I have been sneaking off to bed early. Dismembered bodies and a warped leading man are not conducive of a good nights sleep.......