Wednesday, 2 March 2011

This week has been totally uneventful. Nothing funny, irritating or interesting has happened. How boring.....

Off to Aqua fit today to find that 'the Ferret' has been replaced by a woman who has the thinnest thighs I have ever seen in my life.  I couldn't really concentrate on the class for looking and wondering if I ever had thighs that thin and came to the conclusion that I probably never had - even as a teenager.  When she stood straight on you could have driven a car between them.

Fortunately 'Cheesy' has been back at Zumba for a few weeks after having been given five bags to blood. I don't know whose blood he got but I am beginning to think it has come from some crazy athlete they have locked in an institution. He is bouncing with energy and throwing himself into it big time, rests are not allowed in between dances. Thought my knees were going to buckle on Tuesday morning....

Meanwhile, over at the school sweatshop, show costumes are being churned out at a great pace. In a small room behind the stage three of us are machining for all we are worth.  If they start asking me to put labels on things I am going to get suspicious. This is made a harder by the fact that we are quite literally surrounded by tonnes of fabric. New stuff, second hand stuff, dubious donated curtains (there can't be a teacher down there with anything on their windows) and old costumes which are being butchered to make new ones. Visitors are advised not to leave any items of clothing lying about as they run the risk of coming back to find them cut up and turned into a palm tree or monkey costume.  I have the lovely job of making bush costumes which involves sewing leaves and flowers onto brown tops. I had to go to the office to get a safety pin as I had forgotten to bring some . When asked what they were for I couldn't resist replying 'I am elasticating my bush'.  Took off quickly leaving VT with a stunned look on her face..........

L is progressing with her flute and is now managing very simple tunes. However she has not yet mastered the art of counting beats in a bar and at every practice S and I are made to count to four over and over again. Without being mean it is getting a bit wearing.  All together now, 1.2.3.4, 1.2.3.4..........