Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Had a call from school yesterday about H. This is third time in three weeks that I have had a call from school at lunch time to say he was unwell.  He was genuinely was ill last week however the week before last was a 'sore tummy' of dubious origin and this week he had 'fuzzy eyes'. His eyes were tested recently so I was sceptical. Ended up going down to school to see what was wrong. He immediately cheered up when he saw me. I refused to take him home but was sure that something was amiss and has been for a wee while. After school I finally managed to extract the fact that a boy in the other class were telling everyone not to play with him and trying to take his lunch off him. This probably explains why I have noticed him in the playground on his own recently.  Didn't know whether to cry for H or restrain myself from wanting to kick the culprit's backside.

Actually the most touching bit about all of this was when he told us what was going on his big sister dissolved into floods of tears and said she would see the culprit herself.  She's not the quiet little flower I thought she was.....

Anyway phoned school to let them know and they assured me it would be sorted. We will see......  

Got up this morning to H saying he felt sick and L complaining of a sore throat. I sent them both to school. H to face his demons and L to face VT at lunch time for a dose of Calpol.........