Wednesday, 27 April 2011

OMG. I am convinced half the world thinks I am mad anyway and now I have added two Ikea delivery men to the list. They phone at 7.45am and tell me they will be delivering at 8.30. They have all day but it had to be just as I am about to exit for school. I am sure someone up there just loves to wind me up. They arrive as we are putting our coats on and I realise the front door key is missing and I can't let them in. To make matters worse I start ranting 'Where the H is the front door key', as the kids scatter trying to find it. I then realise the living room window is wide open and they can hear every word of my manic outburst. I finally open the door to two faces which have 'you are stark raving mad' written all over them. What a start to the day...

All in all not a good day at all. One fight with an insurance company, one fight with someone from somewhere trying to get S's new work number, then L in tears after school. The reason? The flute teacher said she had not been practicing and that she would take her flute off her. She was bereft and I was enraged - once again. This time with good reason as she practises every morning and is making good progress. Granted it has been the Easter holidays and she hasn't been able to as much, mainly because I said she couldn't take the flute with her to the caravan although she asked to. I didn't fancy it going missing and having to foot the bill. I have never seen her so upset after school and decided that this was a ridiculous situation. How is telling a child that you will take away their instrument going to encourage them? What an eejit of a teacher! I pinged off an email to the heidy explaining the situation and letting him know what I thought of her teaching methods. She will be in for a nice surprise when she rocks up to terrorise the kids next week. She has me to phone and I don't do nice very nicely.......