Saturday, 9 April 2011

Went Aqua Fit with A yesterday as she was on her day off . Turned out to be hilarious as Cheesy has decided to put a new set of moves into the routine which involved pelvic thrusts. Now it is one thing to do that in the water as you are partially hidden but he stood on the side of the pool in a pair of thin trackie bottoms thrusting for all he was worth.  My face stretched into an enormous grin as he obviously didn't realise how suggestive - or ridiculous he looked. He then had the audacity to draw our attention to a poor old man squeezed into a pair of speedo trunks. I thought A was going to drown laughing.

Was woken  at 6.30 to the sound of someone singing. Or at least it sounded vaguely like singing. Turned out it was L who was up in a good mood. She has been invited to a birthday sleepover at her pal's house which is fortunately 100 yards down the road. I have no desire to collect her from afar if she decides to come home early. At least you can sneak down the road in your jammies at 3am in the morning.

Woke up this morning to mist knowing full well that today was going to be scorchio. Great.  L hadn't phoned but was up half the night no doubt. By 10 the mist had burned off and there I was hanging out washing like a maniac in preparation for our escape to the Lakes.  All windows were thrown open - there's something nice about getting the fresh air in- and S went off to clean the car for five hours. How throwing a bucket of water over it and leaving it to dry doesn't suffice I will never know. Anyway, was ironing in the dining room and could hear the Mad Monoblocker outside apologizing for his 'boo boo'.   Sometimes I think my husband is too damned soft. Instead of telling him to sling his hook, S as usual was nice about the whole thing, while my bullsh*tometer was about to explode. I wanted to open the door and shout 'Do you think my head buckles up the back, you old git? Talk about my drive again and you'll be buried under it.'  Instead I remained silent and gave my blood pressure another hammering.......

T minus 2 days and counting........