Thursday, 7 April 2011

What a ruddy week. Can't wait to take off to the lakes next week for a few days. A week in a caravan listening to the rain battering off it's tin roof sounds like a far less stressful scenario than this week. Wondering where I am going to get my next sweetie fix being the most worrying thing sounds blissful. This week has not been good.  H's school worries fortunately seem to have sorted themselves out but have involved a lot of school visits and phonecalls.   Mad monoblocking maniac is trying to bury the hatchet when all I want to do is sink it into the back of his head. He told a neighbour he had made a 'boo boo'. So he wants to eat humble pie. He will be eating it out of the wrong orifice if I have anything to do with it! I am still fuming about his cheek and cannot even find the effort to be civil let alone have a conversation with him.  To top it all walking home from school a starling decided that I have obviously reached an all time low and used my head as a toilet. Came home and washed my hair three times in an effort to remove bird turd.....

When you decide to have kids nobody ever hands you a guide book to let you know all the problems and quandries that you will encounter over their early years or tells you how hard it is to be a mum sometimes. I suppose that is a. because it would put you off big time and b. there would never be a book big enough to cover everything involved. I remember when I visited the midwife for the first time when having L.  I was given a book about pregnancy with some of the scariest birth pictures imaginable. I looked at them in horror as S said sympathetically (eyes glued to the tv as usual)  'too late - it's in there now'. The pictures in question would have either sent you off in a frenzy of terror or if you were an  'earth mother' made you wonder at the miracle of birth. I chose the first option. Nine months later I realised it really wasn't that bad and that in some cases drugs do work. I had spent the majority of the time praying for the cut and shut option when the alternative was actually a lot more pleasant.


In all it would appear that giving birth is the easy bit, it's after that that the problems start.....