Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Got up on Saturday and decided to head off to Primark for cheap joggers for L. She needs them for her residential trip which does canoeing and  'jungle bashing'.  Two hours and £51 later we left with a bagful of stuff (all for her) - so much for the cheap joggers...

Decided to trawl the charity shops. I am a self confessed charity shop lover, not because I buy a lot out of them (mainly books) but because I have a fascination with other folks junk. We wandered about half a dozen shops perusing a endless supply of tat. I was drawn to a corner with a box that said 'everything 50p'. Too late! An oap resembling a female goblin popped up from nowhere and asked if I wanted to do her 'lucky dip'. Something told me no matter what I got I was unlikely to be lucky, as the prizes were other folks cast off tat but I hadn't the heart to say no. How can you refuse to buy a lucky dip ticket from a charity shop? I parted with my pound and came out with a micro fibre towel which will probably go to, you've guessed it, another charity shop.

Random observation no 1 - Why do all charity shops have that weird smell?  It never fails to be hanging about.

Random observation no 2 - Why has no one ever invented a fish slice that is long enough to lift an enchilada? Made them for tea tonight and the looked great in the cooking dish. By the time I served them they looked like roadkill...........just as well they tasted okay......