Friday, 13 May 2011

Went to wake H this morning. He now has the habits of a hamster. Ever since he started sleeping in his cabin bed he has started storing items in it so he doesn't have to climb out unnecessarily. This morning I pulled back the covers to find him snuggled up with my old sweatshirt, his money bank, three books, a torch, an assortment of cuddly toys and a notebook and pencil. Made for a comfortable night.

He came home from school this morning excited about the fact that he is going on a trip to the Falkirk Wheel. L immediately grumped that it wasn't fair. She never gets anywhere with school according to her, completely forgetting about her £107 residential trip in two weeks.... Oh and the Sound of Music tickets for the Saturday after. I am watching my sweet natured nine year old morphing into a stroppy teen before my eyes. Then we had a rumpus over a packet of Skittles. Lord help me now.

Had J's boys G and B for lunch today. J was off on the batter with her work mates. That place don't do things by half and J is never one to say no to a night out. In the space of half an hour I had had a grilling from B on the type of sausages I was serving for lunch - they were to his approval thankfully. Then I had to taste G's cooking he had made, and dispose of an instruction leaflet for condoms which someone had put in his schoolbag. It never ceases to amaze me how open kids are nowadays. He wasn't even phased, while I buried it at the bottom of the bucket and covered it in cold beans.........