Thursday, 2 June 2011

What a few days. L took off on Monday and on Tuesday H decided to have a virus. As a result I was confined to barracks with a cranky, miserable six year old. H is very rarely cranky so I felt sorry for him. He wouldn't eat and was running a temperature, had a sore head and a sore throat. He recovered a bit yesterday, but horror of horrors, was set back when he found the telly had lost the tuning for CBBC. I  had no clue how to fix it so he watched tornado chasing dvds from the couch, getting excited at terrifying twisters ripping the roofs of poor folks houses. Went to pick up L from her school trip. I think that the outdoor centre had been taken over by the 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'.  I am sure the pleasant, polite child I put on the bus two days previously had had her personality erased and replaced with a bad tempered, rude, cheeky imposter. She jumped off the bus and grumped her way up the road, got into the house and had a go at poor H who was delighted to see her. I filled the washing machine with manky clothes and decided to ignore her. When she hadn't improved a few hours later she got a severe talking to and was sent to her bed. Probably the best place as I think she was shattered and is used to getting at least ten hours sleep a night.

The peace didn't last long. Five am and I am up again after hearing L shout from the bathroom. Walks in to a scene from 'Kill Bill'. There is blood everywhere. Her nose has started bleeding and she is sitting on the side of the bath letting it run onto the floor. Finally get the mess cleared up and the bleeding stopped and put her back to bed. Hope the CSI folk don't arrive with their fancy light. They will think there's been a murder......