Tuesday, 26 July 2011

And I always thought I was a slob. I even named my blog using the words 'slummy mummy'. Now I know I am most definitely not. I think I probably suffer from aspiring to too high standards. Why am I writing this? Well, I just came across an article online about a school that had sent out a letter asking parents not to walk their offspring to school in their pyjamas. The adults in pyjamas that is, not the kids. I cannot even begin to imagine walking my kids over half a mile to school in my jammies. Mind you it was down south so I suppose the weather is better. I always wash and dress before leaving for school, even when H was a baby and I resembled a zombie.  But at least I was a zombie with clothes on. I don't want to even imagine arriving in the playground in my Primark gingerbread man print fluffy jammies. A sight to behold......

Men always manage to get their priorities right.  At Alton Towers two weeks ago we had five kids asking for ice creams, only to be told '£1.95 for a cone! Aye right!' Strangely enough when hubby and BIL wanted to go on the fast rides suddenly £8 each seemed acceptable to pay to skip the queue. SIL and myself were none too pleased but shut up anyway. Next day, complete change. Myself and hubby offer to watch all five while BIL and SIL (complete mentalists) go on Oblivion. No sooner had they left than S was dragging his wallet out to buy cones. Anything to keep the five of them quiet for a few minutes. Reminded me of the time S had been watching football on the telly and L and H appeared with their pal asking for cones from the ice cream van. Hardly drawing his eyes from the screen he sent them off with a five pound note and instructions to get three small cones. Ten minutes and four pounds twenty later they were back - clutching double ninety nines all round.........