Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Guilt trip time.......

Yep, that's me finally decided to step down from the School Council. Well when I say finally, I actually wanted to last year,  but gave in and stayed on,  because not a soul other than the usual suspects turned up to last year's AGM. I  really can't do another year, for lots of reasons. The main one being that at present I am probably the world's most intolerant person. Intolerant in,  that if I hear another flap about angina warning signs for bouncy castles that solely will have kiddies leaping on them, I think the top of my head will blow off. Our local council must be the biggest bunch of jobsworths ever. A bunch of folk who cannot distinguish between common sense and  health and safety overload. No home baking - you might die from e-coli, botulism or Lord Forbid! Old age. The amount of certificates required to hire an inflatable castle last year was laughable. Insurance for this, insurance for that, and more signs to warn you of impending doom than you would need entering a nuclear reactor.

It is a thankless task being involved in trying to do stuff for the community. Folk either look at you like you are a sandwich short of a picnic, or mutter 'don't know how you can be bothered'. Or worse still,  complain about your efforts. You tend to find as well that the complainers are usually the type that wouldn't know where to start A. because they are too lazy and B. because they are too thick to know how to. But they complain none the less.  Hats off to anyone who is decent enough to try. It's just as well they do. As the 'Don't know how you can be bothered brigade' would have no where to send their little darlings for an hours worth of sanity. Although I am stepping down I know I will probably still do more than I should but hey! that's why I have the word 'Mug' tattooed on my forehead....

Anyway before I go I will be involved in running the school fayre, the highlight of last year's being an idiot who threw a tantrum (I kid you not!) at the tombola stall because she didn't win the prize she wanted. I hasten to add this was a grown woman not a child. How I wish I had been running that........