Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Say Cheese!

Today is that wonderful yearly event that every parent dreads. The annual school photograph.  We are no exception.  Got the kids up early and threw L in the shower. When it came to H's turn he thought he was just getting his face and hands washed. No such luck! I started the shower running and he freaked out shouting, 'But I had a bath three weeks ago'. There I was trying to haul his skinny little butt into the shower for a hosing down. Just what you need at seven o'clock in the morning. (Incidentally he has baths more frequently than every three weeks!)   Got the school ties and shirts ready and was just straightening the kinks out of L's hair when J phoned to ask what the kids were wearing. It turns out the letters home informing us of the photo date had said the kids could wear uniform or ordinary clothes. I hadn't bothered to read that bit obviously.  I inwardly cringed, envisaging hoards of mini Rhiannas and Bieber lookalikes clad in trendy gear, heading to school for their photo, while my kids arrived like the school nerds.  I stood my ground and said it was a school photo so mine were wearing school uniform. J agreed but said B was in his room in the huff.  When we arrived at school 99% of the kids were in uniform with only a few knocking about in ordinary gear. Left after warning L to comb her hair before the photo, no darn point with H. He has short hair and wouldn't have given a monkeys anyway.....

It is 22 degrees today and I am hoovering bedrooms. What a numpty........