Thursday, 22 September 2011

Teabags and Tootsies....

Note to self : Never EVER leave the house again wearing Crocs without consulting the weather forecast.  Now Crocs are great for sore feet and dry weather,  no matter how much of a fashion atrocity you consider them to be.  However they are not good in the rain and definitely not good in rain of the torrential variety. It was dry when I left for the gym yesterday morning and chucking it by the time we exited Big Dunc's, two steps and my tootsies were drowning. Not helped by the fact that the slabs were slippy at the shopping centre and the footwear in question has been worn to such an extent that there are virtually no treads left on them. A death trap waiting to happen.

Have been  feeling unwell today. A splitting headache and feeling like someone could shove me flat on my back with little trouble. So much so I decided to give my Patchwork class a miss. The thought of trailing all the way there was more than I could suffer, not helped by the fact that I appear to be the class dunce who never gets all my homework done and usually is lagging behind. At this rate I will finish my beginners quilt sometime before I am due my old age pension. I really love it though and enjoy the company of like minded people. A complete turnaround from the embroidery class I used to attend when L was about two. It was my one night of the week when I got out to do something I liked in peace and quiet with no greetin' weans or aggro. Or so I thought. I was the youngest there by at least forty years and gave up in the end as it was an OAP bitch-fest for two hours which usually started with an indepth discussion on who would make the tea that night. I got to the stage that I always made the tea as I was sick of the sound of the old beggars going 'Is it your week Agnes? I did it last week and Jean definitely did it the week before'. And then a full scale debate would run about who was making the tea. God help us all.  I left as my recovering post natally depressed mind could take no more.....