Friday, 16 September 2011

Ice, Ice Baby.....

Why is it when we are in a hurry and faced with a situation that requires common sense we tend not to use it? Leaving the house yesterday morning for school, as usual it was disorganised chaos. During the running about L said 'Mum, there's something wrong with the freezer. The door is open.' Sure enough, when I inspected it I realised it had been left open and ice had built up overnight blocking the door from closing. Damn! Fortunately not enough to defrost the food. I blocked it closed with a dining room chair and made a note to 'fix' it when I returned.  Now the simplest thing to do would have been remove the food, defrost the freezer completely and presto all fixed! But no! After the removing the top basket, where an iceberg, big enough to take out the Titanic had formed, I stuck a basin in the shelf and set to it with the hairdryer and a chopstick. Everything was fine until the chopstick slipped and I nearly lodged it in my nostril as I hacked away with gay abandon. The hairdryer was working a treat and after ten minutes I had shrunk the iceberg to a small enough size to shut the door. It was then it dawned on me that I had melted some of the plastic on the door surround.......oh dear. Technical stuff was never my forte.

This week we have had a Police helicopter flying overhead daily. It would appear a pervert had went AWOL and as usual he chose our area to hide out. It was actually not very nice knowing that a sex offender was somewhere in the area. According to the Police he was dangerous. I immediately heard the Crimewatch music in my head and went to make sure all the doors were shut. It does that to you. Fortunately he was caught so it's only the ones we don't know about that we have to worry about now.

Friday is my favorite day -usually. It was today. I dragged H's new Ferrari down to school for Golden Time. At least he is getting his money's worth.  After he returned from BB's tonight , L decided that they would dance on the rug in the living room. She decided to put on 'Pink' after I warned her that only clean tracks were to be played. H with a poker straight face whispered to me 'I know what the F-word is Mum, someone told me, but I promise I wont use it.' I nearly laughed out loud.  Pink got cranked up and the two of them leaped about as I tried to retain my composure. L took the whole thing so seriously, stripped down to her gym shorts and vest she rehearsed her dance with great concentration. H on the other hand was a scream. A miniature version of David Brent dancing in 'The Office'. I nearly wet myself.

Off tomorrow with A to the Kid's AM at the cinema to see Cars 2. Ninety five pence each to endure two hours of kids screaming, greeting and throwing pop corn at each other for the sake of a cheap visit to the cinema. You can't beat it.....