Monday, 21 November 2011

Christmas is coming,.......

For once I am actually proud of myself. I am speeding ahead with my Christmas shopping. Last year was a total nightmare but this year I have embraced the wonder that is Amazon and am now doing my shopping online and getting the whole sodding lot delivered to my door. FOR FREE! And for that matter,  cheaper as well. No sore feet, being crushed in shops, having your hands lacerated by heavy poly bags or being verbally abused by someone because you just happen to bump into them by mistake. Bliss! Last year was stressful to say the least. L had the flu and was off school for the whole week before Christmas, S had it and fortunately was on holiday,  but moped up and down because the PS3 he ordered had been held up by the snow. (It was bought for the kids - allegedly.)  That, coupled with eleven for dinner, manufacturing two Harry Potter cloaks, wrapping hampers and presents, helping in school and everything grinding to a halt because of too much snow,  it's a wonder Christmas happened at all......

L's passport arrived back this morning. Not bad - less than two weeks. However it has now sent me into a frenzy of anxiety wondering where the heck H and mines are. H's is probably fine, while mine is probably pinned to a wall in the passport office while folk laugh and throw darts at it.

Went to Glasgow yesterday for some shopping I couldn't get off Amazon. It was quite a nice day. Shopped in the 'Build a Bear Workshop' for my nieces. L had a whale of a time picking things for them,  while S and H hung about outside looking like they were going to expire from boredom. Then we went to Primark for some stuff. As usual it was the kids department where she picked up clothes which were thoroughly inappropriate. I wanted to laugh as we finally settled on a top for her birthday party. A pink sparkly affair with ruffles, a flower and clip on necklace. Nothing like overkill.  It might just get lost in the washing basket, an easy feat at the best of times......


Just waiting to see who our first village eejit is.   In other words the first loony to stick up their Christmas tree. Last year I spotted one on November the 27th. Why would you do that? I like Christmas but that drives me nuts!  All it does is start the kids on a frenzy of asking when ours is getting put up. My head gets nipped until I finally give in and nearly kill myself hauling it out of the loft.

Note to self : try to find Advent Calenders in loft. Will not get away this year with pretending that Advent starts two days late because I have forgotten about them....