Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Bring Me Sunshine........

Christmas Cards! If ever there was a flaming awful job, it has to be writing them. Last year I left it to the last minute and spent the week before Christmas frantically writing them and cramming them through folks doors. Why? All you do is write them to three lots of folk. The folk you want to write them to, (invariably the smallest list), then the folk you write them to because you don't want to offend them and thirdly the folk who you feel obliged to because they send you one every year but really you couldn't give a monkeys if they didn't. I bought mine half price on Saturday at BHS and I wrote them while L stuck them into the envelopes. Now they are sitting on the sideboard and as usual I will probably be stuffing them through doors at the last minute!

Promised the kids I would put up the tree on Friday. That means I will have to get S to haul it out of the loft when he comes back from down south. As usual he has taken off this morning and forgotten something.  This time his toilet bag.  I phoned him and he started to whine on about the fact that he had so much to take blah, blah, blah. Aye, along with the crate loads of wine and the calenders and diaries for his customers, he couldn't remember to take the most basic of stuff. Then to cap it all he phones at half past ten and says he has forgotten to book a hotel for that night. Cue me on the Internet like a loony, trying to book a hotel within the company budget. Since when was I employed by them? It would appear I am morphing into a secretary come PA for my own husband and I am not even on the payroll! To further add insult to injury he is meeting Mr Down on his Luck tonight so insisted on a twin room as pal is staying over for the night. Almost wanted to book a double. Visions of Morecambe and Wise spring to mind.......

L got up this morning claiming to have a cold. I will reserve judgement on that one until the end of school as I have a feeling she was trying to pull a fast one.......