Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Welcome Frosty the Hamster......

In the absence of the regular writer who is trying very hard to get into the writing zone again this post was written by the house's newest resident......

I moved in three months ago.  One minute I am safely ensconced in my cage with my brothers, the next my fluffy little jacksie is wheeched out of the cage and crammed into a cardboard box. After a terrifying journey in the dark,  where I nearly managed to escape by eating my way out of my cardboard prison (much to the horror of my abductors),  I landed in a big cage with some old git who wouldn't put the heating on and a feathered thing that got on my wick because it wouldn't shut up. Finally I woke up one morning to find that I had arrived in what seems to be my permanent residence. The digs aren't bad either. Now I have a three  storey mansion in the corner of another big cage and the grubs pretty good. There are four big animals living here.  My new name is 'Frosty' which I can live with. (My posh name is Cinnamon Frost because I am ginger and white and it's sounds Christmassy).  It appears I was brought by someone called Santa.  I know what Santa looks like and he looks nothing like the biggest one  who I'll call 'Baldy' because he is furically challenged. He pretends he doesn't like me but when no one is looking he is always at the cage making this really aggravating clicking noise with his teeth. Heck knows what he thinks that's going to achieve. They don't teach Morse code at hamster school.  Then there's the fat one with the things on her eyes, (she seems to be in charge - the baldy one thinks he is - but boy is he deluded),  she cleans my house out and goes on and on about not giving me too much food. Pot and kettle there.... Then there's the little one, who talks a lot - mainly questions- and who I keep at bay by showing him my teeth every so often. You can almost smell the fear. He will never put so much as a fingernail near my house. The skinny, squeaky one is my favourite, she lets me out to play with her and cuddles me and tells me how much she loves me. I'm nice to her because it means I can run about and leave chocolate chips all over the floor which really winds the fat one up. She's always shoving this noisy, sucking monster round, shrieking about sawdust and droppings -  whatever they are.......


Frosty (Cinnamon Frost) the Hamster

PS Hopefully the boss will get off her over sized butt and type her own stuff. These big keyboards play havoc with the claws.....